Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Change of plans...again

There has been another change of plans. My surgery has been postponed because I have a rotten cold and laryngitis. I am hoping to be re-scheduled next week but won't know until at least tomorrow.

I am somewhat disappointed but also want to have the best chance of getting through the surgery with no complication. My white blood count was still low today so another week will give it time to improve. I'm guessing by next week this cold and all its symptoms will be gone. Obviously with no voice, I'm not making any phone calls. Nothing personal!

Thanks for all your love and prayers.

Much Love, Kate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got the same cold and it is kicking my butt. I don't usually succumb like this, but acceptance is key. Also chicken soup, garlic and vitamin C. I'm in the productive cough phase today (tmi), so things are progressing. My therapist used to say "You're right where you're supposed to be", but I wish I were somewhere else. Come over and we can watch some of the stuff we have on DVR.
Yours in misery,
Kyle

Anonymous said...

This is really a rotten bug. I wore a mask all day at the hospital so I wouldn't spread my germs. Everyone thought I was protesting myself. I was just trying to protect them! I do feel like I am right where I am suppose to be...mostly because I feel so bad, I just want to sit in my chair and be a vegetable!